Officer Application 2020
While the Borough of Lansdale is unaware of any defect in the Application Packet as presented on the Borough website, use of the website’s Application Packet is provided only as a convenience to a potential applicant. Any risk of error related to the electronic provision, download or print out of any application materials from the website is solely borne by the applicant, not the Borough of Lansdale. Hard copies of the Application Packet are available at Lansdale Borough Hall, One Vine Street, Lansdale, Pa 19446 at the times specified in the advertisement.
Civil Service Commission of Lansdale Borough of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
One Vine Street, Lansdale, Pa, 19446 | 215-368-1691
An examination for a full-time officer
- Pension Contributions Required
- Insurance—Life Policy, Health & Accident, Dental and Prescriptions
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Uniform and Equipment furnished by the Borough
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 21 years old
- High School Graduate or GED
- Physically Fit
- Meet one of the following educational and / or experience requirements:
- Have completed a minimum of 2 years (60 semester hours) from an accredited college (any credits awarded from MPOETC are applicable); or
- Have completed 2 years active duty military experience with an Honorable Discharge and / or eligibility for Honorable Discharge if still engaged in military service at the time of application; or
- Have 2 years experience as a certified Law Enforcement Officer with a minimum of 1,000 hours of actual on the job experience.
- Written Test (administered electronically)
- Physical Agility Test
- Oral Interview
- Polygraph/Background Investigation
- Physical/Medical Examination
- Psychological Examination
Lansdale is a diverse community and encourages a diverse pool of applicants.
The written test, which will be administered electronically, will be given on Saturday, November 14, 2020 at North Penn High School. Registration for the written test will begin at 8:00 am with testing starting promptly at 9:00 am. The Physical Agility Test will take place the same day, following the completion of the Written Exam.
Application Packets are available for pick up Monday through Friday, 8:00 am –4:30 pm starting Thursday, October 8, 2020 at Lansdale Borough Municipal Complex, One Vine Street, Lansdale, Pa, 19446. Application Packets are also available on the Lansdale Borough website at www.lansdale.org.
All completed applications for examination are to be emailed to email@example.com or returned in person to the Lansdale Borough Civil Service Commission at Lansdale Borough Municipal Complex (second floor reception desk—not the Police Station), One Vine Street, Lansdale, PA, 19446 not later than 4:00pm on Friday, October 23, 2020.
By the authority of the Lansdale Borough Civil Service Commission
(An Equal Opportunity Employer)