Hurricanes are not just a coastal problem; prepare now to assure that rain, wind and water do not affect us negatively.
- Discuss your hurricane emergency plan with your household and the latest Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Have enough supplies for your household, include medication, disinfectant supplies, cloth face coverings, pet supplies in your go bag or car trunk.
- If you or anyone in your household is an individual with a disability identify if you may need additional help during an emergency.
- You may have to evacuate quickly due to a hurricane so make sure to know your local evacuation zone.
- Download the FEMA app and receive real-time alerts from the National Weather Service for up to five locations nationwide
- Review your insurance policies and make sure personal documents (like ID) are up to date.
- Prepare your business with a continuity plan to continue operating when disaster strikes.